ReadSpeaker for Brightspace can be integrated across the Brightspace platform, or on a course-by-course basis. The ReadSpeaker integration features both our webReader and docReader products that allows the user to read aloud HTML content while seeing highlighting of the spoken text as well as online documents in a variety of formats.
- Automatically enables the online text-to-speech technology provided by ReadSpeaker for locally stored online documents.
- Allows all users to hear their local documents spoken aloud while seeing highlighting of the spoken text using only their internet browser.
- Allows all users to download their content as an MP3 for playback offline.
- Allows all users to highlight and playback a subset of the content.
- Allows for configurable voices and languages (based on ReadSpeaker license agreements)
- Allows for viewing documents in layout mode, or in text-only mode.
- Supported document formats: .DOC, .DOCX, .EPUB, .ODP, .ODS, .ODT, .PDF, .PPS, .PPT, .PPTX, .RTF, .XLS, .XLXS
- docReader languages: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), Danish, Dutch, English, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Text to Speech with Simultaneous Highlighting - Reads the content of web pages out loud. The words and sentences being read are highlighted in separate colors, making it easy to read along as you listen.
- Translation - Translate a selected text to a number of languages and have the text read in the target language
- Settings - Personalize reading speed, highlighting colors, and more.
- Dictionary - Select a word and find its definition.
- Read on Hover - Hover over a paragraph of text and it will read aloud automatically.
- Text Mode - View a clutter-free version of the web page with text in your preferred font, size, and colors.
- Text Selection - Select a text and click the listen icon that appears.
- Page Mask - Horizontal bar that can be moved along with the reading to bring out the lines bein read by shading the rest of the screen.
- Enlarge Text - Text being read is displayed at the bottom of the page in large font size
- Mp3 Download - Download an audio version of your content for offline listening
- 100% cloud-based - Means no downloads necessary.
webReader user interface languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, Faroese, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
webReader Translation tool supports: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
webReader Word Lookup tool supports: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Research indicates a large number of learners can benefit from consuming content in multiple ways. The automated support for having content spoken aloud is a tremendous accessibility benefit; assisting users that have reading disabilities, are new to a language, or that simply learn better by listening.
ReadSpeaker for Brightspace can be integrated with Brightspace Learning Environment 10.3 and above.
ReadSpeaker docReader Product Sheet