Möbius™ is a comprehensive online courseware environment that focuses on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). It is built on the notion that people learn by doing. With Möbius, your students can explore important concepts using engaging, interactive applications, visualize problems and solutions, and test their understanding by answering questions that are graded instantly. Throughout the entire lesson, students remain actively engaged with the material and receive constant feedback that solidifies their understanding.
Today's students are used to instant results in almost everything they do. Möbius allows you to integrate powerful, dynamic learning and assessment tools throughout your online course materials, so your students receive constant feedback that keeps them engaged and on-track.
- Integrate meaningful, automatically-graded assessment questions into lessons and narrated lectures, in addition to formal assignments, so students can test their understanding as they go.
- Provide interactive applications for exploring concepts in ways not available in a traditional classroom.
- Leverage powerful algorithmic questions to provide practice for students as they master concepts, as well as individual summative assessments.
- Incorporate engaging, enlightening visualizations of concepts, problems, and solutions, through a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D plots and animations that students can modify and explore.
Everything You Need:
- Create interactive narrated lectures that incorporate exploration and self-assessment elements.
- Use standard math notation for authoring, display, and student responses.
- Choose from thousands of Math Apps and assessment questions from math, statistics, physics, engineering, and more, which are freely available for you to use and customize in your own materials.
- Develop custom interactive applications for exploring concepts using Maple or HTML5.
- Create meaningful assessment questions that will be automatically graded by the Maple T.A. testing engine, a system that understands mathematics.
- Generate powerful visualizations by leveraging a large collection of customizable plots and animations.
- Collect outcome data throughout the entire learning process so you can track student success and identify areas for improvement.
- Help students keep track of due dates and important course deadlines with an integrated calendar.
- Communicate with your students in real time using a Live Chat tool that supports mathematical notation as well as text.
- Integrate Möbius with course management systems, such as Brightspace™
- Provide student access from computers and mobile devices using only a standard web browser.
Your Content, Your Rules
When you use Möbius to develop and deliver your online offerings, you remain in full control of your content and the learning experience.
- Bring your online vision to life, including online courses, open-access courses, formative testing, placement and remediation programs, independent learning, outreach programs, and flipped or blended classrooms.
- Provide exactly the content you want, from individual lessons and textbook supplements, to full courses, remedial materials, enrichment content, and more.
- Choose the learning experience by allowing students open access to your course material or guiding them along a specific learning path.
- Stay in control of your content, creating and customizing materials as you wish to suit your needs.
- Save your students money by dropping a traditional textbook, while simultaneously improving the learning experience.